Glea Dress - Variation

With all of these midi dresses popping up, I knew I needed to do a Glea variation with a lengthened hem line. I added close to 10" to the length of the dress which also increased the amount of buttons needed for the center front.

I altered the side seams to have a deep slit -- this helps with walking and gives the dress more movement. When I was sewing it all together I liked the idea of going sleeveless, so I omitted the sleeves, took about 1/2" off the armhole, and added bias binding. You'll notice a contrast binding tape, I already had some cut from a previous project -- so why not use it. 

 

An additional modification that I made was adding pockets to the side seams. They are not exceptionally large, but enough to carry keys or other small essentials. Then topped it all off with a matching waist tie.

Fabric is Euclid (linen/cotton blend) by Carolyn Friedlander.