When I spotted this navy windowpane fabric on Indiesew's website, I knew I needed to snatch it and make myself a garment. I went with the Mercer tunic because I thought the fabric (which is a rayon crepe) would drape well with this pattern and make a nice breezy, summer top. I'm very happy with how it turned out!
I'll be honest and say that I did not plan for my placket to line up. As much as I love to sew and try to take my time, matching plaids/side seams/etc... is not often on my radar. But looky-looky, I was pleasantly surprised to see how much that center front buttonhole placket ended up fitting right in.
I recommend checking out the fabric selection over at Indiesew. Allie does a great job of sourcing apparel fabrics and that can give you a sense of security when ordering fabric online.
This mercer tunic is pretty much following straight from the pattern. I left the bias binding visible on the armhole and neckline to break the print up (since it is cut on the diagonal). I'm excited to get this Mercer tunic into my wardrobe rotation!